Monday, August 3, 2009

Vacation to NY

Vacations are great but the transition to normal life--not so great! It started with the flight back, since it's not my favorite mode of transportation. Can you say turbulence? But at least it wasn't as bad as the Continental flight from Brazil to Dallas! However, it did make me vow to give up planes for trains! It was good to be home again, but going from rainy weather in the 70s to unrelenting sunshine in the 90s takes a little getting used to. I definitely need to find my sunglasses again.

Today was the first "real" day back with Jay and Pattie back to work, and Dustin with his dad. The first order of business was to restock my empty refrigerator and pantry (it kind of resembled Old Mother Hubbard's). Then the unpacking, which I finally got finished today. Next order of business is paying bills, reconciling my account, doing laundry, and cleaning house.

But it's all well worth it to spend time with my sister and her family. We really had a wonderful time. Especially watching our respective grandchildren play together and get reacquainted. I wish it didn't have to just be once a year. And we got to spend time with Jay's cousins and their families, as well as an old friend from Warren, and my Aunt Frannie and her daughter Ann and family.

1 comment:

  1. Well if you'd just look at some of those cute cottages on the lake, I guarantee you'd see us LOTS more.

    ReplyDelete