Monday, January 25, 2010

Thank Heaven for Green Chile

I decided to make PW's chicken noodle recipe (?) she posted today. Not my best effort! First I drove all over town trying to find the frozen noodles, to no avail. I went to Walmart, Sunflower, and Smiths. I probably should have tried Trader Joe's but ran out of energy. So after I got home I had the brain storm to make my own noodles. Not a good decision! So I used
five of my last six eggs, rolled out the dough (obviously not thin enough), sliced it and cooked it. The result was not good. I think Ashley said it resembled brain tissue. Ugh. Plan C was to use some curly noodles (whole wheat though, so they were kinda healthy).

I followed the rest of the recipe but it never did thicken up--I think four quarts of water is just too much. So I got the bowls out and we decided to call it soup. Everyone thought it needed something, and of course, the solution to that is ALWAYS green chile! It did the trick, plus Pattie added a little shredded parmesan cheese that was good, as well.

I think I'll go back to my own green chile chicken soup recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment